About C6 Real Estate Partners
C6 Real Estate Partners ("C6") is a vertically integrated real estate operator. C6 invests in assets located in emerging and demographically attractive markets economically tied to New York City. The firm currently targets markets in New Jersey and the surrounding areas, where local relationships and proactive management provide unique sourcing capabilities and control over business plans. C6 prefers cash flow producing assets and selectively pursues development and redevelopment opportunities. The principals have expertise in large scale acquisitions, development, property and construction management, complex capital structures, asset and fund level recapitalizations, and operational distress at the asset level.
VERTICALLY INTEGRATED REAL ESTATE OPERATOR
C6's hands-on approach to self-manage assets and projects provides the real estate operational expertise required to minimize risk and maximize value.
Value-added and opportunistic strategies
C6 acquires transitional assets that benefit from additional capital investment needed to re-position, lease-up, develop or re-develop. The principals have extensive experience in recapitalizations including limited partnership and joint venture re-structuring. This expertise provides an additional path to value and a unique position in the mid-cap marketplace.
C6 is a fundamentals and value driven investor with micro market expertise providing the ability to identify unique asset opportunities in growing submarkets.
C6 has in-house property and asset management, general contracting, construction management, leasing, and sophisticated finance, accounting and tax structuring capabilities. The principals have extensive experience in complex equity and debt structures within a variety of different investment vehicles.
C6 targets multifamily/residential, mixed-use, retail and industrial assets. Multiple asset classes and investment strategies help mitigate the risks of geographic specialization.
Emerging submarkets tied to core urban economics
C6 focuses on markets in New Jersey and the surrounding areas. C6 has the advantage of granular knowledge, deep local relationships and on-the-ground operations.
C6 Acquisition Criteria
- Existing multifamily / mixed-use, retail and industrial properties
- Ground-up development and un-entitled land selectively considered
- Emerging and demographically attractive markets economically tied to New York City
- Transit-oriented locations of New Jersey and the surrounding area
- Properties requiring renovation, redevelopment or lease-up
- Under-managed assets with deferred maintenance and/or below market rents
- All occupancy levels considered, vacant to fully leased
- Renovation or complete gut rehab
- Recapitalization of single assets or portfolios
- Portfolios and Special Situations
- Recapitalization of portfolios or single assets
- Acquisition of entire portfolios or partnership with existing ownership
- Complicated debt or equity capital structures
- Loan or fund maturity, recapitalizations, partnership buyouts
- Upcoming capital event necessary
- Transaction size:
- Total Capitalization: $5 - $100+ million
The C6 investor base consists of private high-net-worth individuals, single and multiple family offices as well as other institutions including closed-end private equity real estate funds. C6 principally capitalizes acquisitions from existing relationships in structures that include traditional joint ventures, co-sponsorships and REITs. Sophisticated and flexible structuring abilities allow C6 to create tailored solutions to meet the liquidity and timing needs of a diverse investor base.